Friday, November 11, 2011

If I buy a Rolex at an authorized dealer in SC and have them ship it to me in NC, do I have to pay sales tax?

If I buy a Rolex at an authorized dealer in SC and have them ship it to me in NC, do I have to pay sales tax?|||Maybe is the best answer that I have for you. If the store has any nexus connection with NC, they will charge you NC sales tax. However, the more likely situation will be that they will charge you SC sales tax because the dealer doesn't fully understand the sales tax law.





You will need to mention to the dealer that you don't want to pay SC sales tax because you want the dealer to ship it to NC for you. You cannot take possession of the watch in SC at all.





If the SC dealer does not charge you sales tax, you still owe a use tax to NC.|||Do you realize you asked the question...twice...





Do you realize you asked the question twice?

No comments:

Post a Comment