Tuesday, November 22, 2011

At the Rolex Kentucky, why were some riders wearing red coats?

At the Rolex Kentucky, some riders were wearing red coats, including Karen O'Connor and Phillip Dutton. I think this means they are on the USA Equestrian Team, but I'm not sure. Can someone please tell me what this means?|||Red coats are usually worn by olympic level riders. It is a status symbol|||i always thought that higher level jumpers were aloud to wear them as i have never seen them at local schooling shows of any kind but i looked it up and you are right.|||Correct|||I have no idea why, but fox hunter ware red coats. when at the hound, they can all so were black.|||I believe you are correct that the red coats mean that they are members of the USET. I believe the USET coats also have blue trim on the collar and a red and white shield on the chest, but I'm going by memory so I could be off.|||In australia,


im pretty sure its only the olympic level riders that wear the red coats. I remember seeing Andrew Hoy at the Brisbane Ekka wearing it. he was the only one.|||It means they have competed internationally.|||I am not sure about all of this, but here it goes.


The red jacket is actually called a pink jacket, I do not know why.


I think it is traditionally worn by people who have fox hunted for 4 or 5 seasons or have grown up riding on an open hunt field. It is also worn by members of the USET or other international teams that have competed regularly in hunt events or are members of official hunt clubs .|||You are completly right.

No comments:

Post a Comment