Friday, November 18, 2011

What did you guys think of the Rolex 24?

What did you guys think of the Rolex 24?


I thought the last 2 hours of racing was about as good as it gets


Were you happy with the results?


Did you enjoy watching it?


Did you Watch it?


Do you care?|||I think it was one of the best Rolex 24's ive seen. I mean seriously.... 4 DP cars on the lead lap for most of the entire race.... sooo exciting. It was also the first time i watched all live coverage.





Soo many funny things they showed in the garage area too. Did anyone see the part about the $60,000 dollars of Pirelli tires??? i mean wow 16,000 sets of tires in that one tent. That was pretty cool how they showed teams taking old tires back, ordering new ones...





I cant remember but the commenters, kept making funny comments on the race on Saturday night, i remember one quote "These teams are too lazy, i remember back in the good days there were only 2 of us driving"





A crazy part was during the Hour 4 pit stops when both leader and 2nd place cars (Law and Montoya) both stalled their cars after pitting, that was crazy....





Another funny part was in the morning hours, they did a segment on what people do in the infield during the race, i got a couple laughs.





I kept getting mad when the #2 DP Childress car kept going behind the wall early in the race. I really wanted them to stay up front.





So after they were out of contention for the win, i then started cheering for the # 01 of Jaun Pablo Montoya (mainly the final 3 hours) That was some exciting racing.





But yeah i think if i rated each part of the race, the first 6 hours and the last 3 hours were the best.|||I thought it was a great way to kick off Speedweeks. I watched on FOX-Saturday and at the end. It was great racing.





I do care, because it takes a lot of skill to race in the Rolex 24, I have been watching it for years (About 20 years ago, I used to watch the coverage on TBS, when they would provide coverage on the top of the hour). It means to me that NASCAR season is about to start.|||What a race! The top 4 cars were seperated by only 2 seconds. Montoya's car was great in the infield part but the 58 car was great on the nascar track. Montoya was right behind the 58 but once the entered nascar turn 1 he would lose all of it. Since students can get into the infield for $15 there's lots of parties going on and underage drinking. This kid passed out from drinking too much and they had to call the amabulance. I head this guy say to the ER that his friend was 15. This other guy was trying to climb the fence in the infield and run towards the track but was unsuccessful. These girls went streaking and one got tired and sat down. A couple of minuets later she passed out naked.I was in the garages around 1 AM and had to use the bathroom.As I looked Casey Mears was next to me. That was weird.|||Yes those last 2 hr were great, I was cheering for the Ganassi team, but it was great seeing David Donohue finally getting the 24 hr. It was a great race, I always enjoy watching it,I look forward to it every yr. I've been to the race 3 times, its great.





Go Dale Jr %26amp; Hms|||I watched a little of it, but watched the last two hours which were the best. I was hoping Montoya would re-pass Donahue, but his 8 cylinder car DP was no match for that 6 cylinder on the straight away. I was hoping the GT's would hold up traffic more so Montoya could pass. What a wild race!|||It is not my style of racing.However,I have to agree with some others on here and say that the last couple of hours was pretty fricking exciting-had me on the edge of my seat rooting for my man Montoya.|||I only saw parts of it, but what I saw, I enjoyed. I was pulling for Ganassi, with JPM doing well up to the last half hour. Not my favorite type of racing, but better than no racing. Only 2 more weeks to go....





*JAKD*|||It was amazing. I'm still chilly though. Some dumb broad spilled a bottle of iced tea on my sleeping bag. Whatever happened to the guy on the jet ski? Did he complete the 24 hours?|||I loved it, best Rolex in recent memory!!





most laps completed Donohue wins 40 years to the day after his father!!





I'm going next year definitely!!|||Did anyone notice that you coulda walked right into the infield for free?|||Glad Montoya finished 2nd. And Glad Mark Donahue won for Porsche. Great Race.|||Fantastic Finish, Im glad it as close this year.|||I caught glimpses but missed the end. Nascar gets me going, that, not so much. I did laugh quite hard when AJ blew up.|||I LOVED IT!!! that was some real good racing. 4 cars within 2 seconds after 23 hours!|||yes|||I watched some of it. It was ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment