Monday, November 14, 2011

Do Rolex watches recognize when a month has 30 days?

I have a Citizen hand-watch which does not recognize when a month has less than 31 days. Just today (October 1) I had to change it manually from 31 to 1. Digital watches have no such problem.





Do Rolex watches experience the same problem?


Specifically I'm referring to the Oyster Perpetual Day Date watch.|||My model is 7 years old and it doesn't. I have to manually change the date each month or atleast 6 months of the year.


I wouldn't advise buying one. I got it from a friends brother-in-law who owns a high end Jewellery %26amp; Watch store so he gave me a deal. I could have spent the $7,500 much more wisely. I did it when I wasn't thinking clearly. If you need to impress people with expensive watches are they really people you want to associate with? I wear it everyday just to be sure I get the use out of it. Citizen is a fabulous line and at 1/10 the price. The store owner told me that if I ever wanted to trade up he would give me what I paid for it. I was inquiring about the Gold President which he quoted me at $25k and I declined. So if you are interested in getting one from him I can let you have mine for $4k and it would reduce your purchase price by $7500. I was inquiring about the President since one of my clients should me his that was 30 years old and worked like a charm still. So I was curious but I can't justify wearing a small car on my wrist. Heck its bad enough with a turbo, manifold, downpipe and exhaust system which equates to $7500. $1k max is all I would be willing to spend or preferably less on any future watches. It is after all just a watch and now my cell phone which displays the time is all I carry when I go to the courts or the gym or shopping.|||Well up here violence like that is not a real concern or as real as in the States but I hear you and agree with you totally.

Report Abuse


|||$500 on a watch is more than enough in my estimation now and the remainging $7000 could have been invested or used more wisely to do something else. Oh well that's why they call it regrets I suppose.

Report Abuse


|||My Citizen watch was 50% off, which was why I bought it. Before that I used to go for $7 watches at Walmart. But I like my Citizen. Someone once told me it looked like a Rolex. But he was actually trying to sell me one of his watches.

Report Abuse


|||Mine doesn't. Have to run it forward to the 1st on 30 day months. Don't any mechanical watches do.|||no watch with mechanical works will recognize the number of days in a particual month, and they must all be adjusted by hand on the shorter months.|||You shouldn't have to change it manually! Or you can look at it today OCT 1st and see if it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment